Ratchet-type load binders are made from drop-forged steel and are designed for securing loads in chain binding applications on flatbed trucks and rail cars, as well as for cargo holding in the marine industry. Our chain binders are made for heavy-duty transport securement, and have the size, break strength, and work load limit clearly marked on the handle for quick identification.
Includes grab hooks at both ends, which swivel 360° for easy attachment. Painted safety yellow for high visibility. Ratchet-type binder tighten more slowly than lever-types, but they are easier to operate and they do not require a handle to lock in place to ensure the binder stays tightened. This load binder is made for either 3/8 in. or 1/2 in. chain, but must be used with 3/8 in.
*Do not exceed a work load limit of 9200 lbs.
- For 3/8″or 1/2″ Chain
- Ratchet binders utilize a rotating motion to tighten and secure loads
- Provides controlled binding and releasing of chain without the use of extra tools
- Break load is 3-times the safe work load (design factor 3:1)
- 35 in. hook-to-hook length when open
- Total handle length is 14 in.
- Yellow painted for extra visibility