- Primary standard for calibrating the pressure scale in a hydraulic range up to 2,600 bar (40,000 lb/in²)
- Reference instrument for factory and calibration laboratories for the testing, adjustment and calibration of pressure measuring instruments
- Complete, stand-alone system, also suitable for on-site use
- Total measurement uncertainty up to 0.01 % of reading
- Dual-range piston-cylinder system 2,600 bar (40,000 lb/in²) with fully automated changing between ranges
- Factory calibration includes traceability to national standards, as standard, with UKAS calibration possible as an option
- Masses manufactured from stainless steel, can be adjusted to local gravity
Proven primary standard
Pressure balances (dead-weight testers) are the most accurate instruments available on the market for the calibration of electronic or mechanical pressure measuring instruments. The direct measurement of the pressure (p = F/A), as well as the use of high-quality materials enable a very small measurement uncertainty, in conjunction with an excellent long-term stability.
The pressure balance (dead-weight tester) has therefore been used for years in factory and calibration laboratories in industry, national institutes and research laboratories.
Due to its integrated pressure generation and the purely mechanical measuring principle, the model CPB3800HP is ideal for on-site use for maintenance and service.
Pressure is defined as the quotient of force and area. The core component of the CPB3800HP is therefore a very precisely manufactured piston-cylinder system, onto which a mass load is applied in order to generate the individual test points.
The mass load is proportional to the target pressure and this is achieved through optimally graduated masses. As standard, these masses are manufactured to the standard gravity (9.80665 m/s²), though they can be adjusted to a specific location and also UKAS calibrated.